As a community bank, Mid Penn keeps our dollars local and enhances the lives of individuals and businesses throughout Central Pennsylvania. We help individuals achieve their dreams, whether purchasing a new home, funding a milestone or saving for the future. We provide financing for area businesses, whether starting an entrepreneurial venture or expanding a commercial enterprise. Our work directly impacts the local community and the local economy. We proudly #GoLocal.
Here are some interesting facts about community banks:
- There are more than 600 counties—almost one out of every five U.S. counties—that have no other physical banking offices except those operated by community banks.
- There are more than 51,000 community bank locations nationwide.
- Community banks employ 700,000 Americans and create countless jobs thanks to their role in lending to small businesses and agricultural enterprises.
- Community banks make more than 50 percent of small business loans.
- Community banks make 90 percent of agricultural loans.
- More than 2,500 community banks have been in business for over 100 years. Mid Penn has been around for nearly 150 years!