Simply Free Checking
The best things in life are free – including our Simply Free Checking account. Forget nuisance fees and minimum balance requirements while enjoying the flexibility offered by Simply Free Checking.
- No minimum balance required
- FREE online banking and bill pay1
- FREE foreign ATM transactions2
- FREE coin counting
- Notary services at no extra cost3
- FREE Visa® Check Card4
- Discounted safe deposit box5
- 0.20% loan rate discount6
1 – Internet and carrier fees may apply.
2 – Referring to fee charged by Mid Penn Bank on customer’s transactions at a non-Mid Penn Bank ATM. Customer may be charged a fee by ATM owner.
3 – Where available
4 – Overdraft and returned item fees may apply.
5 – Safe deposit box rental fee discount by $10.00 per year (based on availability).
6 – Customer must elect to have loan payment automatically deducted from a Mid Penn Bank checking account to receive discount. Discount available only on non-promotional consumer fixed-rate loans. Cannot be combined with other offers. Offer is subject to credit approval and may be withdrawn without notice.
Accidents happen. A written check is forgotten. A transaction is unrecorded. All of these can result in an overdrawn account.
Mid Penn Bank offers several options to protect your account against an overdraft:
- MPB ProtectLink1 – Link a Mid Penn Bank checking, savings, or money market account to your Mid Penn Bank checking account.
- Home Equity Line of Credit2 – Available as protection against unplanned overdrafts and as a traditional home equity line of credit.
- Flex Line of Credit2 – A traditional line of credit that can be linked as protection against overdrafts.
- MPB Personal Protection Line of Credit2 – Designed specifically to be linked to your checking account as overdraft protection against overdrafts.
1 – Transaction limits may apply on savings and money market accounts.
2 – All loans subject to credit and underwriting criteria.
Choose Mid Penn for your personal checking account needs and feel the community bank difference.
Mid Penn Bank is 100% locally based in Pennsylvania, which means we invest in our local communities and our team contributes to the local economy. This offers many unique advantages:
- Our team members contribute to the same charities and non-profit organizations as you.
- Our bank focuses on local investment to grow opportunities in your neighborhoods.
- We offer convenient locations across the state. From Fayette County to Dauphin County to Lancaster County, we’re proud to provide a local retail branch for your Pennsylvania community.
- By building community ties, our team members get to know our clients personally.
- We’re able to offer personalized touches and customized solutions for our fellow community members.
Order New Checks Online
Need a new supply of checks? We make it simple – place your check order online today!