A Mortgage that Fits Your Life
Buying a home isn’t always simple, but you can count on our local mortgage team to make the process easier.
Whether you are a first-time homeowner or an experienced buyer purchasing investment properties, we’ll make the process fast and hassle-free. As a community bank in Pennsylvania, Mid Penn offers great rates, local lending experts and a range of mortgage options depending on your needs.
- Fixed-Rate Mortgages – Guarantees you a fixed rate for the entire term of the loan.
- First-time Home Buyer Mortgage – A fixed-rate loan without mortgage insurance for qualified individuals.1
- Construction Mortgages – Specific loan arrangements that work with the complex process of building a single-family home, significant rehab of an existing home or completing an addition on an existing home.
- Jumbo Mortgages – Finance your home purchase or refinance your loan over $417,000.
- VA Mortgages – Eligible veterans can finance up to 100 percent of the purchase price of many homes without having to pay mortgage insurance, or can refinance at higher loan-to-value ratios than are offered on conventional loans.
- FHA Mortgages – Government-backed loan featuring a low down payment and no maximum income limitations.
- USDA Rural Development Loans – Backed by the United States Department of Agriculture, the purchase price of eligible properties can be financed up to 100 percent in designated rural areas.
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency Mortgages – Qualified low- and moderate-income borrowers can take advantage of competitive interest rates, lower fees, low down payment options and lower closing costs (offered only to Pennsylvania residents).
- Investment Property Mortgages – Loans available for non-owner occupied single-family homes up to four-unit properties.
1 – Must meet qualifying guidelines
Before you start shopping for your new home, take a minute to complete our mortgage prequalification form. It’s no charge to you and will send a message to prospective sellers that you’re ready to buy.
Refinancing Your Loan
Mid Penn Bank is pleased to offer a number of mortgage options for customers interested in refinancing their loan. If it’s been a few years since you’ve secured your mortgage, you may qualify for a better rate or term. Our team will make every effort to find the solution that is best for you.
Tips to keep in mind
Consider the following tips to help you through the mortgage process. Our local team will also walk you through every step of the way.
- Gather and organize the following documents: One month of current pay stubs, W-2 forms from the last 2 years and bank and retirement statements from the past 2 months.
- Know your gross monthly income. Be sure to tell your lender if you are self-employed, paid by commission, receive bonuses or tips. Also be sure to also let your lender know if you pay or receive any child support, alimony or separation maintenance.
- Credit card balances above 50% of your limit or falling behind on other loan payments could lower your credit score. Keep tabs on your spending habits before applying for a mortgage.
- Limit the amount of people that you allow to pull your credit; too many inquiries can negatively impact your score.
To learn more, speak with one of our knowledgeable mortgage originators.