Scottdale Conversion Important Information
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR ONLINE BANKING
Scottdale Bank and Trust has merged with Mid Penn Bank to become “Scottdale Bank & Trust, a Division of Mid Penn Bank.” To provide an enhanced banking experience, Scottdale Bank and Trust customers are now a part of Mid Penn Bank’s operating system, including online banking.
Please be advised of the following information explaining what this transition means to your online banking:
- You will be able to log into your new online banking beginning at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 26. You will still be able to access your online banking at sbtbank.com.
- Your access ID is now case sensitive and will need to be entered in all lower case.
- Unless you are notified otherwise, your Access ID will not change (except you will need to enter it as lower case).
- Your default password was sent to you in a separate mailing to your home or office. If you do not have that information, please call us at 1-866-642-7736 so we can provide that to you again.
- You will be prompted to set up new challenge questions when you first log into online banking.
- Any recurring transfers that you have established will remain the same.
- Access to past account statements and check images may be delayed. We encourage you to save a copy of your account statements prior to February 23 in the event you need to access them.
- New online banking disclosures will be emailed to you at the email address we have on file for you. Your first log-in to online banking as of February 26 is your acceptance of the Online Access Agreement.
- You will be able to enroll in mobile banking and request online bill pay via your new online banking.
- If you use account alerts, you will need to re-establish new alerts in your new online banking.
- You will be able to download your account transactions to Quicken and/or Quickbooks.
- Passwords change every 90 days. When you are prompted to change your password, you must use a password that is at least 8 characters, contains at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one number.
Please be assured that we will do everything we can to make this banking transition a positive one. Should you have any questions, please call 1-866-642-7736.