MID PENN BANK WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP NETWORK AWARDS $16,000 IN GRANTS TO GROUPS THAT IMPACT WOMEN AND FAMILIES
Mid Penn Bank (the “Bank”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mid Penn Bancorp Inc. (“Mid Penn”) (NASDAQ: MPB), today announced that its Women’s Leadership Network (“WLN”) has awarded $16,000 in grants to organizations that have a positive and direct impact on the lives of Pennsylvania women and families. The funds are being distributed among 11 nonprofit groups within Mid Penn’s 16-county service area that aid in areas such as health and wellness, mental health, education, housing, and workforce development.
“We are thrilled to award these inspiring organizations with funds that will help further their mission to actively lift up women and families and help them pursue their hopes and dreams,” Commercial Lending Account Manager and WLN Vice President Claire McGuire said. “To make a direct impact on the communities we serve outside the walls of the bank is a meaningful endeavor that we will continue to embrace in the years ahead.”
This year’s recipients of the Mid Penn Bank Women’s Leadership Network grants are as follows:
• Baby Bureau, New Hope, $1,000
• Bethany House of Cumberland County, Carlisle, $1,000
• Brethren Housing Association, Harrisburg, $2,000
• CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Fayette County, Uniontown, $2,000
• Crime Victims Center of Fayette County, Uniontown, $2,000
• Healthy Steps Diaper Bank, Harrisburg, $1,000
• Milagro House, Lancaster, $1,000
• Mom’s House of Greater Philadelphia, Phoenixville, $1,000
• Thanx Hair Artistry – Wig Bank, Reading, $2,000
• Victim Witness Assistance Program, Harrisburg, $1,000
• YWCA Carlisle & Cumberland County, Carlisle, $2,000
Founded in 2018 and led by a committee of employees, the Mid Penn Bank Women’s Leadership Network was created as a way for female colleagues at all levels to make connections, share knowledge and experiences, learn about leadership, and enrich their professional development journeys. Recognizing Mid Penn’s profound dedication to the communities it serves, the WLN formed a Small Grant Committee in 2021, aimed at supporting nonprofit organizations within the Bank’s footprint that educate and empower women and girls.
About Mid Penn Bank
Mid Penn Bank, headquartered in Millersburg, Pennsylvania, has been serving the community since 1868. The Bank operates retail locations in 16 counties throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and has total assets in excess of $4.3 billion. Mid Penn offers a comprehensive portfolio of financial products and services to meet the banking needs of the communities it serves. To learn more, please visit www.midpennbank.com.