External Transfer is now available in Online Banking and our mobile apps.
You can easily transfer funds to and from your accounts at other financial institutions using the External Transfer feature.
Moving your money just got faster.
A short video introduction to External Transfer.
External Transfer is a convenient, online account-to-account transfer platform that provides an easy and secure way to transfer funds among accounts that you own at other financial institutions.
- Payments can be one-time, recurring or you can schedule future-dated payments.
- No charge for transfers, but fees for NSFs and other exceptions may apply.
- Transfers are permitted only to/from accounts that you own.
- Transfers will settle within three business days.
- If using a desktop or laptop, select <Transfer> and then click “Launch External Transfer”
- If using our mobile app, select <Transfer> and then select “Make External Transfer”
These short videos contain helpful tips on how to use External Transfer
Frequently Asked Questions
HOW CAN I SIGN UP FOR EXTERNAL TRANSFER?
To access External Transfer, you must be enrolled in online banking.
After you are enrolled, access External Transfer under the transfer menu and
click on the orange button.
HOW CAN MY EXTERNAL ACCOUNTS BE ADDED?
After you click on the Launch External Transfer button, you will see an option in the corner to Add a New Account. This account must be an account you own at another Financial Institution. Select the account type, and fill in the required information. Within 1-2 business days, you will see two small-dollar deposits and withdrawals in that account. Access External Transfers again, and click the option to “Verify your account”. Enter the dollar amount of each of these transactions, and you’re ready to transfer money!
HOW FAST WILL I SEE FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT?
You will see the funds in your accounts within three business days.
ARE ANY FEES ASSOCIATED WITH EXTERNAL TRANSFER?
There are no fees associated with standard 3-day transfers.
ARE THERE ANY LIMITS ASSOCIATED WITH EXTERNAL TRANSFER?
There is a $5,000 limit per day and $10,000 limit in a rolling 30-day period.
Don’t have our mobile app?